Eat Exmoor - Buy Local
Exmoor National Park Authority, Visit Exmoor and partners are working together to support local producers and promote the fine produce grown or processed within the Greater Exmoor area.
There are countless reasons to ‘Buy Local’ and shops are now highlighting the provenance of goods from within the National Park as well as the surrounding area of Greater Exmoor area, by displaying signs in store making it easier for shoppers to identify local produce. Look out for these signs and posters around Exmoor.
Why buy locally on Exmoor?
Support Rural Communities
– Spending locally helps keep rural communities thriving and full of life. For every £1 spent, it’s estimated over 60p is returned to the local area.
Better for Nature
– Many of our producers are small scale farmers championing low-impact approaches that work with, not against, nature. You’ll find grass-fed beef and lamb, organic fruit and vegetables, handmade jams and chutneys and deliciously sweet local honey among the among the many delicacies available to try.
– The fewer miles our food travels to get to our plate, the smaller the carbon footprint. That means less packaging too, as it’s not needed to protect and keep food fresh.
Good for your Health
– Local food is more likely to be seasonal, making it fresher, tastier and more nutritious.
It’s Unique and Distinctive
– Experience a local delicacy within the beautiful surroundings that inspired it.